Before you buy, regardless of wheel size, you must confirm brake system to wheel clearance before purchasing a Brembo Performance system.
Brembo Performance brake systems are always designed to maximize wheel fitment. However larger components are often required to meet performance parameters determined by Brembo engineers, so it may be necessary to utilize a wheel spacer or to upgrade to an aftermarket wheel with adequate clearance. There are a number of variables that can affect wheel clearance including wheel diameter, wheel offset, and wheel design.
In order to determine if a wheel has adequate clearance, please follow the instructions below or download a printable copy of these instructions by clicking here.
PRINTING THE TEMPLATE
- STEP 1: Look up your application (Year/Make/Model search) on www.racetechnologies.com.
- STEP 2: Select your brake system.
- STEP 3: Download or open the PDF document listed under Wheel Clearance information. Note: All Brembo GT/GT-R systems have a specific corresponding wheel clearance diagram (brake profile cross section).
- STEP 4: Print out the document, but be sure to make sure you’re printing at full scale (1:1 or at 100% size). There’s a ruler on the bottom right-hand side of the page to compare it with.
- STEP 5: Cut out the shape of the template to include the caliper, bell, and disc.
- Optional: You may want to back the cut-out with a piece of cardboard or foam core to make sure that the template is sturdy enough to get a proper gauge of your wheel clearance.
MEASURING YOUR WHEEL
- STEP 1: Remove a wheel.
- STEP 2: Place the wheel carefully on its face and measure out the A/B/C dimensions with a straight edge or create a template from the clearance diagram.
- STEP 3: If using a clearance diagram attached to tag board as a template, be sure to double check that the template retains the actual dimensions from the original diagram.
- STEP 4: Allow 3mm in all directions from the caliper to the wheel.
- STEP 5: If the caliper contacts the inner wheel spokes, a wheel spacer may be used to move the wheel out away from the caliper. When using spacers, we recommend only considering high quality hubcentric spacers (and longer wheel bolts/lugs when needed). It is also important to confirm that the wider track will allow the tire to clear the fenders in all positions.
- We are using part #1n1.9003A (a 2013 BMW M3) for our example.
All Brembo Performance systems are custom packaged to order, so they cannot be returned due to wheel fitment which is why it’s very important to verify brake and wheel fitment before placing your order.