The Brembo CCM-R disc is a product of many years experience accumulated by Brembo in the field of carbon brake materials used in F1, combined with the expertise acquired by the company in CCM applications for road use.
The main advantages of the Brembo CCM-R disc are:
– considerable saving in weight, compared to cast iron (̴ 5kg each wheel assembly);
– high thermal conductivity;
– durability and versatility characteristic of carbon ceramic material for road use (disc life 5 times longer);
– friction 10% better than cast iron (comparison made using the same pad compound);
– operating temperature 5% lower.
Selected materials and original processes, researched and optimized to produce the Brembo CCM-R disc — and incorporating the newest technologies applied to carbon ceramic discs — have resulted in a product with superior engineering features.
CCM-R for the Nissan GT-R (R35)
Brembo Press Release (PDF): CCM-R-Disc_14-01-2010