The opening round for the 2015 FIA WEC Championship was a very close 6 hour endurance race at Silverstone which saw great results for Brembo brake equipped teams in the factory LMP and GT classes.
- 1st Place: Audi Sport – Team Joest, Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro
- 2nd place: Porsche Team, Porsche 919 Hybrid
Both Audi and Porsche LMP1 Prototypes were equipped with Brembo Racing carbon-carbon brakes.
– Brembo’s specific carbon-carbon materials can give the drivers better feedback, control and modulation over other tested materials.
Audi and Porsche LMP1 cars were also equipped with Sabelt harnesses. (Sabelt, a technology leader in safety equipment, is part of the Brembo group).
– Sabelt aluminum adjusters that Audi Sport are using were optimized using FEA (Finite Element Analysis). This process allows for maximum weight reduction without compromising on strength.
LM GTE – Pro
- 1st Place: AF Corse, Ferrari 458 Italia
- 2nd Place: Porsche Team Manthey, Porsche 911 RSR
- 3nd place: AF Corse, Ferrari 458 Italia
The Ferrari 458 Italia GTE and Porsche 911 RSR is equipped with Brembo Racing cast iron brake systems (Calipers & Brake discs).
The FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) is starting to become the leading series by many car manufacturers and their technical partners to showcase new technologies in the LMP (Le Man Prototype) & GT (Grand Touring) Classes. The FIA WEC features endurance races (including the 24 hours of Le Mans) and is a global series racing at challenging circuits in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Stiff competition between factory run and private customer teams in all the classes means the top teams work with only the best technical partners to have the most competitive advantage.
Photo Credits: Porsche, Audi Sport
Audi Sport R18 E-Tron Quattro
Porsche 919 Hybrid & 911 RSR